At Silicon Valley Research Group, we employ custom leading edge technology and proprietary analysis techniques to provide the critical insights and strategic recommendations that give our clients a genuine competitive advantage for success in today’s challenging environment. These are just some of the marketing research statistical processes we employ:
- Mathematical Analysis of Perception and Preference. A multivariate technique designed to represent consumers' product perceptions and preferences as visual representations or points on a map or graph. Also called multidimensional scaling or MAPPing
- A multivariate statistical technique applied to data to determine, for predictive purposes, the degree of correlation of a dependent variable with one or more independent variables. In other words, a technique to see if there is a strong or weak cause and effect relationship between two or more things.
- A statistical technique that helps in determining the strength of the relationship between variables.
- Procedure for data simplification through reducing the many rating scales (or set of variables) used by the researcher to a smaller set of factors or composite variables by identifying dimensions underlying the data.
- A multivariate technique for analyzing the predictive value of a set of independent variables.
- A statistical technique that helps in determining which category individuals of a population belong to. Multiple characteristics are used to determine the groups, and differences within a category need to be less than differences between categories. Cluster analysis is a good demographic tool for consumer segmentation in marketing research.
Analysis of Variance
- A method of analysis for determining the level of statistical significance of differences among the means of two or more variables.
- Any statistical procedure that simultaneously analyzes several measurements (variables)
Involves putting a prototype or application in the hands of potential users in order to observe and gain feedback on how the design can be improved.